Successful public sector experiences include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning for operations and projects.
- Analysis and development of multi-year strategic financial plans.
- Independent assessments of departmental activities for purposes of management oversight, coordination and peer review.
- Process improvement and the development of efficient systems for delivering services to internal and external clients.
- Facilitation of visioning, goal-setting, budget
planning, relationship building, and achieving consensus on
- Public affairs communications and governmental relations.
- Labor relations consultation, grievance avoidance and contract administration.
- Project management.
- Debt management and restructuring for lower borrowing costs.
- Dispute mediation, and risk management profiles and options.
- Fostering public/private partnerships and guiding economic development initiatives.
- Cultivating project specific public participation through a variety of means.
Public sector project examples include:
Detailed resumes of principals assigned to your projects are available upon request.
- Managing a two year technical exchange between Dubrovnik,
Croatia and Monterey, CA focusing on economic diversification and
historic preservation under the auspices of the United States Agency for
International Development, the Urban Institute and the International
City/County Management Association.
- Assisting communities with the design of realistic five-year strategic financial plans and debt-restructuring programs.
- Surveying and recommending methods to improve the
governance and management of a cooperative asset sharing association of
16 public sector agencies.
- Assessing the functioning of the consolidated County/City Parks and Recreation Department serving a population base of 345,000.
- Managing a major reorganization project whereby Clark
County, WA with 1,600 employees created a Department of Health by
assimilating and streamlining the programs of the Clark and Skamania
County Health District with 160 employees and a $15,000,000 annual
- Providing facilitation for City Council/senior staff annual retreats and planning conferences.
- Conducting diagnostic reviews of Eastern European cities
for potential technical exchanges under the auspices of the
International Resources Cities Program.